Monday, October 25, 2010

Inaugural Review: Dulce De Leche brownies

Rating: 4/5 manguts

C reviews:
These brownies were fantastic. The dulce de leche was delicious on its own, but coupled with the brownie it was a flavor overload.

You know, I'm realizing it's hard to write food reviews. That's why I have avoided doing it on Yelp! It always sounds like a blatherous fool sounding off with a limited grammar toolbox. But since I am that, I may as well be it.

So anyway, these were super yum. They were chewy with crispy chunks on the exterior. The center was moist, made more so by the melted dulce de leche. Since I was also eating ice cream and drinking wine at the same time, I was delighted to no end until I made a crack about how parents have so little to discuss with each other and a pall settled over the whole table.

I would give these 5/5 manguts (a mangut is my trademarked system of rating food), but the first one out of the gate can't be 5 manguts. Manguts are easily pleased but they're discerning. I am not going to be soft on these brownies just because my two gals made them.

Rest assured, these were so good that Z wanted more and when she didn't get more she wept sorrowfully. And then because I am an adult I secretly went in and had more. Mangut scores!

No comments:

Post a Comment